Many U.S. veterans with mesothelioma are entitled to financial compensation. The average mesothelioma payout is $1 million, but you may be eligible for more or less depending on your situation. Lawsuits, asbestos trust funds, the VA, and other sources can all provide compensation for mesothelioma. You may receive money from a lawsuit settlement or trust fund claim in under one year, while compensation from a trial generally takes years.
Compensation for Mesothelioma Victims
If you have mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, you may be eligible for compensation to help you afford treatment costs or other expenses.
Manufacturers used asbestos (the only known cause of mesothelioma) for decades, hiding the dangers from the general public, major industries, and the military.
Today, you can take legal action against these companies to receive mesothelioma compensation. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) may also provide compensation if you’re a qualifying veteran.
To see if you can access mesothelioma compensation, contact us today.
How Much Compensation Can You Get for Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma Compensation Amounts
Mesothelioma cases are valued at $1 million on average, but you may receive more or less than this amount.
An experienced mesothelioma lawyer can help you determine how much mesothelioma financial compensation you might be eligible to receive.
Factors Affecting Mesothelioma Claim Values
- When and where you served in the U.S. military
- Your age and gender
- Your medical expenses not covered by your health insurance
- The costs of travel to see a mesothelioma specialist
- Any dependents you support
- Funeral expenses
How Can Mesothelioma Compensation Help Me?
- Pay for Medical Costs: Compensation can pay for medical treatments like life-extending surgeries, as well as travel costs if you need to see a doctor far from your home.
- Make Up for Lost Wages: You or your family members may have to stop working during your cancer battle. Mesothelioma compensation can help supplement this lost income.
- Cover Any Other Expenses: You can use compensation for almost anything once you have it, such as well-deserved vacations.